ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Henriksen

Thursday, December 31, 2015

November Favorites

The holidays have really kicked into gear by now, and there are lots of favorites on my list, so let's jump in!

1. Acne Treatment
Even though I'm in my late 30's, I still get breakouts, whether due to hormones, stress or bad luck. However, I have a powerful product in my must-haves that keeps the damage minimal without drying out my face. It's the SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense liquid. Just a few drops on a blemish and it begins working to dry it up without drying aging skin.

Yes, it's a little bit of a splurge at $88, but it's worth it. One bottle will last months, and it's the best blemish treatment I've found in many years of looking!

2. Under Eye Circles
Whether the holidays have you stressed out to the point you're not sleeping, or you've been to too many holiday get-togethers, the under eye area can give us away so quickly! Jane Iredale's Enlighten under eye concealer is the way to go for covering up those dark areas. Unless you are very dark complected, I would choose shade 1. The trick is to use your middle finger and take the smallest amount and pat gently under the eyes.It will look a little reddish orange but that's ok! Then you can cover with a tiny speck of foundation, or a colored powder. Either way, your eyes will look more vibrant and alive! At $29, it's not exactly cheap, but not too pricey considering one pot will last a long time.

3. Smell Goods
It's that time of year again when LUSH ever so graciously shares with us the Rose Jam shower gel. A mixture of roses and lemon, this shower gel will become your instant favorite. As I looked today, it's out of stock online, but you may be able to find it in stores - if not, I'd suggest perusing eBay. It's totally worth it. I make sure to get enough each Christmas to last me (sparingly) throughout the next year. Haven't once regretted it! lush.com

4. Getting Rid Of Fine Lines
Yep, I've got them. Mine are mostly around my mouth, and I hate them! Short of doing some kind of injection, I've found the Rodial Bee Venom Moisturizer softens the deep crease I have on the right side of my mouth. I'll go ahead and tell you now - it's expensive. $190 a jar. But it's much less expensive than Botox or Juvederm or any other fillers. Maybe you can even score a sample - who knows?



I know, I know I owe you a December/End of the Year favorites. Working on that now! I love each and every one of you who stop by to read my thoughts on everything beauty, skin care and hair care. You are my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
a16736a8674c3b6da307a74036917b9a1144248b26fa5b0601